As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am applying to a grad program. My application includes a letter of intent. Already I have loads of activities to help me avoid this task. For example today I have perused Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; texted friends; written a blog post; made new chore charts for the kids; and swept the kitchen 5 times (still looks like it could use another go over). Hold on.
Okay. That’s better.
Anyway, here’s my list of 10 things I’d rather do than write this essay:
1. Clip my toe nails.
2. Clean the bathroom tile grout.
3. Paint the kitchen cabinets. Wait. I did that last summer.
3. Pull the hair out of all the hair brushes in the house.
4. Make warm, buttery croissants for breakfast tomorrow. (Yes, this sounds lovely, but it’s incredibly involved.)
5. Take down all the drapes and blinds and wash them.
6. Bathe and brush the cat. She’s clearly not into this idea.
7. Polish my antique silver place settings that I never use.
8. Refinish the table that’s still in the garage from last summer.
9. Detail my car.
10. Help the kids reorganize the Playroom. –NOPE. Not a chance. I’m just going to write the essay.